- Do not overfill the bag.Fill the bag up to the level of the frame. When the driver comes he will fold the flaps of the bag over the top to prevent any waste spilling out as he moves the bag to the truck. Anything sticking out of the top of the bag – sticks, thorns palm fronds can be a hazard to our drivers collecting the bags.
- Do not overweight the bag. . The driver has a trolley to move the bag but he still needs to manipulate the bag from its frame to the trolley and trolley to truck. We are very fair with weight limits we accept – however our driver’s health & safety is prioritised! A full bag of lawn clippings can weigh up to 100kg (dry ) or 150kg (wet)
To check the weight just stand in front of the bag, grab each side with your hands and tug gently. If you can feel movement, then the bag should be fine. If the bag does not budge, there could be issues!
Another problem from overweight bags is seam splitting. The bag rips up the seam as the driver tries to move the heavy weights. This is very annoying for our clients as nobody wants a split bag!
If the bag is overfull or overweight the driver has a few options –
- Decant into two bags and charge you for both bags.
- Leave an extra bag for you to transfer the waste yourself and collect both bags next month.
- Find you and ask you for a hand to more the bag.
Our drivers collect many bags each day, each week and each month of the year so we have strict guidelines on the weights they can move.